Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tag! You're IT! - 5 Things...

I was 'tagged' by SleekPelt. this is my first tagging and im totally into it, so here goes...

Five Things About Myself:
1.
i am highly highly annoyed and mentally aggravated A.) by music that i can't STAND or HATE and B.) being forced to listen to it, like say in an elevator, supermarket, mall, house party, club or my parents car. i can think of nothing else than how much it is driving me NUTS - and my mind becomes further consumed with it when my companion says, "why don't you just tune it out?".
2. i have had probably over 30 women that i have either just met (like in the bathroom at a club) or barely know tell me about their having an abortion and how it has affected their lives. not weird messed up girls (ok some were) but mostly normal women that must have seen something in me that made them comfortable enough to share something so very private. i feel honoured every time this happens.
3. the most interesting (though boring) job ive ever had was working the front desk of a seedy hotel that was attached to the local strip joint. the hotel put up the dancers for their week of 'exotic' work. my shift was 4pm till 12am (morning time for the strippers) most of the girls befriended me and i saw the very seedy and sad way of life lived by many women - along with enough lumpy silicone filled tits to last a lifetime! there were crazy coked out, hair pulling cat fights over cheating meathead boyfriends. there were holes punched in walls, needles in the hallways and the odd overdose on a quiet Sunday night. the job gave me a level of compassion for people i dont think i had before.
4. i have made many many mistakes as a human being in my life. i can honestly say i do not regret even ONE of them. the people close to me in this life? ummm, not so much...
5. though i am agnostic now, i spent 5 straight years of my life working and living at a food mission where i believed i was "servin' jesus" with all of my heart and soul. well what do ya know? - turns out i was in a CULT. i have considered writing about it on my blog, but i am wary of scaring away my small yet faith readership...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, girlfriend, thanks so much for sharing. Number 3 alone is worthy of its own post! And I am so with you on numer 1 - music is never just background noise to me. So if it's of inferior quality (or annoying) and I can't get away from it, I end up feeling violated.

I love hearing stories about cult survivors...

SleekPelt said...

Nice, Dalyn! (Do I know you well enough to call you "Day" now?) I'm glad I tagged you, your list is fantastic. #2 is really wild, there is obviously something about you that gets women to open up. I can't imagine what led up to you taking a desk job at such a seedy hotel, but hey, you could have been mining potash, so I guess you weren't doing too bad. And I agree with IF (who did his five things on my blog, btw) -- I like hearing about cult survivors too. Thanks for playing along, Dalyn!

M@ said...

Interesting about the hotel job. I'd like to hear more about that.

HopSkipJump said...

Re: Number 1.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I guess that's because we have the same taste in music.

I think that you should do a posting on Number 3, like TEOH suggested. Seriously fascinating for even me.

*dalyn said...

thanks all for your comments... i shall write about strippers AND cults! strippers first. eveybody loves a great titty story no? *d


ps. sleek you can call me Day no prob!

Unknown said...

Only if I can call you 'Mysterious Asterisk Woman'...