Friday, March 28, 2008

Darkplace

I love this "music video". makes me laugh every time! highly recommend the actual show, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace if you enjoy this video. Wikipeidia says [Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is a comedy series, released in 2004, that lampoons 1980s' television drama, particularly horror, sci-fi, and "the rampant egotism of self-appointed 'mastermind' authors." The show presents Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as though it were a real, budget television series, produced in the 1980s, and now getting its first screening; this hoax is the basis of the show's fictional frame. Darkplace's fictional show-within-a-show includes deliberately poor production and special effects, sub-par acting, and storylines that are "severely flawed and open-ended", this is interspersed with 'present-day interviews' with the 'cast'.]
here are some links to episodes... it's meant to look/sound bad and captures classic 80's/70's TV quite well. enjoy and have a great weekend! *d

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG thank you thank you thank you SO much for introducing me to this stuff! It's the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time! I didn't know it existed, and I thought I was aware of all the British comedies. You are amazing, Mysterious Asterisk Woman, and don't you forget it. Woot!

*dalyn said...

cause the tempatures toooo hot!!!
travlin' way too fast!
i LIVE for this kind of stuff! glad you like! there's something new and rediculous every time i watch an episode... so perfectly horribly done. i love the shitty model of the hospital they do all those pans and close-ups of. pure genius if you ask me! *d

HopSkipJump said...

I'm pretty sure Ryan was wearing the same wig as the chick in this video three Halloweens ago.

amber. said...

Holy shit, so funny.

I could waste a whole day watching these.