Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saddly, my love costs money. How much? See monthy electric bill.

Channel 18 (Canadian weather channel)
News Caster's voice: "thanks Pinter, we'll be back to check in on the Manitoba's drought situation in 10 minutes... and now lets head over to the West Coast where notmuchhaschanged in the last few days! as mentioned earlier today, the
British Columbia Lower Mainland is looking back on - and forward to...!! .... - you guessed it folks! RAIN! we've got ANOTHER major low preasure system coming up from the ..."

...if it wasn't for a hangover or my renowned selective/unavailable memory, i would swear they just put the 'West Coast' weather portion of the newscast on endless 'repeat'. But still, for stupid (though most likely hereditary) reasons i love to watch the weather channel or weather portion of the local news. i find myself uttering the words i grew up listening to from my mother after she had watched the news report.... "ooooooooooooooooo - ooooohhhh dave! DAVE!? DAVE D A V E (yelling for my dad) ohhhhhhh dave! theres a big one coming in - a BIG ONE!... ..... dave did you hear me?" of course he didn't. a 'BIG ONE' means having to give his wife endless backrubs and listening to painful moans in the night (weather induced pains of course...).

maybe now you're thinking... what? weather? pain? i just don't get what she's trying to put togther here. well if this is you - i might find it in my heart to try not hating you. let me explain.

SPECIAL PEOPLE + LOW PRESSURE WEATHER SYSTEMS = ARTHRITIS AND ACHING JOINTS.

it started happening when i was around 13 years old. sharp annoying pains in my right arm and wrist. it continues to happen at 32 years old, and yes... im turning into my mum (or your crazy grama?). on a bright sunny day i'm the person that rubs their elbow and says... "yup... 3 days. THREE DAYS. BIG storm coming in. BIG... TRUST me." and sure enough - im always right (thought rarely believed).

so why the title 'Saddly, my love costs money. How much? See monthy electric bill.'? well when one lives in a 1950's house that was slapped up in 3 days one has to except the fact that thought rent is cheap, what is saved in rent - is made up in the heating bill. single pained windows and 1 inch gaps in the doorways don't make for a cozy home. i lock myself in my office with my plug-in oil heater and pretend its summertime in January! and though i may venture out at 4pm to whip up a sweetass dinner and then quickly eat it with you for 5 minutes... i can't physically bring myself to continue hanging out in any other room that is not my office.

so what did my hubby do? he turned up the heat. gawd, you gotta love that. i know i do. is the 'oh there's a storm coming in! i can FEEL it!' comments bunk or believible? *d




No comments: